The matter regarding a coconut leaf hanging over live electrical wires at Daag area in Ponda was published in this column on July 09. The situation proved dangerous for human lives and property as there was every possibility of short circuit occurring sooner or later.
Taking a note of this serious matter, the Electricity Department in Ponda removed the said coconut leaf hanging over the electrical wires thereby assuring safety to precious human lives and property.
I am thankful to the higher officials at this department for their quick favorable action in this regard. Also, thanks to the Herald Team for highlighting this important matter. Let us hope the Electricity Department will arrange the prompt rectification of defects in electrical poles and other accessories so that normalcy is maintained on a permanent basis.
As a matter of fact, most of the transformers situated at different locations in Ponda are exposed to nature. Hence a proper locking system would go a long way in assuring safety for innocent pedestrians. Prompt favorable action in this sensitive aspect would indeed be appreciated by one and all. [H]