Colvale: A short circuit led to a minor fire in the office of Manguesh Saw Mill, Opposite Colvale jail on Monday late evening. However, there were no injuries reported in this incident.
The timely intervention by the Mapusa Fire Department helped in extinguishing the fire. The department has pegged the damage and loss at Rs 1,50,000. An AC, refrigerator, telephone, television, fan, office table and other electrical sockets were destroyed in the fire.
Ferrao claimed that their timely intervention helped in preventing the fire from spreading to other buildings in the vicinity.
The fire fighting team was headed by the Mapusa Fire Station in-charge, Bosco Ferrao and included Station Fire Officer Shivaji Naik, Driver Operator Jayesh Kandolkar and fire fighters Sairaj Naik, Suni Bannaulikar, Hitesh Parab, Nitin Mayekar and Shivajirao Rane. [H]